- The New Oxford American Dictionary announced the Word of the Year for 2010 is _____. Who invented this word?
- This term came into prominence in the summer of 2010. It is a technique used for damage control in oil wells.
- The phrase ______ has no meaning in Arabic nor in any of the Berber languages spoken in Libya. If X did teach a sex act by that name to Y, he might have taken his inspiration from an old English-language joke. The joke, in short, involves three Westerners captured by a primitive tribe. The chief offers each of them a choice between death and ______. The first two choose ______ and are sexually tortured in various ways before being killed. The third, seeing what’s come before, selects death. At this, chief sighs heavily. “Death you have asked for, death you shall have,” he says. “But first a little ____.” What is the phrase and who are X,Y?
4. Who is the person in the picture. This is a spoof of a famous photograph. Name the photograph.
5. The X web site was created by Andrey Ternovskiy, a 17-year-old high school student in Moscow, Russia. Ternovskiy says the concept arose from video chats he used to have with friends on Skype, and that he wrote the first version of X in “two days and two nights”. Ternovskiy chose the name after watching The Deer Hunter, a 1978 film set in the Vietnam War in which prisoners of war are forced to play Y. X?
7)Mantle, Cooper, Jones, Andrews and Lodge are surnames you’d encounter in __________?
Answers for Set 2
2)English Cricket,the oval, australia.
4)S.Y Quraishi , current chief election commissioner of India
suri cruise-tom cruise’s daughter
suri-surya’s character in Rakht charitra
and the name of the amazon tribe depicted
6)A-transformer/TX, being developed by U.S Army,inspired from transition, the flying car concept designed by a team of MIT graduates
Score(for set 2 only)
Aggregate score leaders:
1. mmmuuah – 12
2. manideep04 – 11
3. vinodisdbest – 10
4. tomraven123, abrambenny, chitchha, whistleblower, kukusash-6
More next week………….